I had something of a jarring journalistic moment the other day.
Is Cannon Beach a getaway or a place to tune in? For many of us it’s a little of both.
WINGS offers educational opportunities for women who have had their education interrupted and are yearning to go back to school.
Pianist Tom Grant is a longtime leader on the Portland music scene, an award-winning jazz and New Age music star with an international audience. After graduating from the University of Oregon,…
- Operations levy rejected for new fire truck
- Shannon Swedenborg files for Cannon Beach school board position
- Partnership finalizes conservation of Nehalem Bay’s Botts Marsh
- Warren Way reconfiguration ahead
- No tents in the parks
- A simpler alternative for cancer screening
- Police report
- View from the Porch: Another take on the iceberg wedge
- Program seeks to protect puffin population
- Svensen woman reported missing near Astoria Riverwalk
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Of all the masterful fiction of the North Coast, Don Berry presents the most vivid naturalism: capturing the scent of the woods, the hollow of a log or the whisper of a dream. The writer lived…
Aldous Huxley’s 1932 novel “Brave New World” is back and more relevant than ever. The title alone is a meme for our genetically engineered, social media besotted society, where individuals spe…
When the Army Corps of Engineers issued a permit for water work in September for the school district’s campus construction in the Southeast Hills, officials and construction crews issued a col…
Many of the stars of the day have long since been forgotten. Others live on in the annals of the city’s musical history, from visitors like Duke Ellington, Count Basie and Louis Armstrong to l…
The firefighting community is mourning the loss of Bill Boone, who served as Hamlet’s fire chief for many years.
I wish I had known Mike Knop.