Most people understand that Neville Chamberlain’s 1938 appeasement to Nazi Germany helped fuel World War II, which killed over 50 million people. The Iran Agreement is in the same category, as it does nothing to preserve security or freedom of the U.S. or Israel. This agreement gives Iran the following benefits:
• $150 billion dollars to sponsor terrorism throughout the Middle East, Western Europe and U.S.
• It maintains Iran’s nuclear enrichment programs, which keeps 6,000 operational centers (5,000 centrifuges and another 1,000 for advance research).
• It lacks verifiable inspection and a verification system. Having Iran inspectors is like giving bank robber Willy Sutton approval to guard the bank vault. Giving Iran a 23-day advance notice of inspection, rather than instant inspection, is unacceptable; Iran can hide and move everything in 23 days.
• It is a temporary agreement, 10 years at most, and some provisions are only for 8.4 years.
• Iran can upgrade weapons systems to target Israel and the U.S.
• Iran is in current violation of more than 20 international agreements, giving weapons to the terrorist group, Hezbollah, and the Syrian president, Bashar al-Assad.
• There are unknown side agreements that are probably in Iran’s favor.
At this crucial time, we need statesmen, not political Obama puppets like Senators Ron Wyden and Jeff Merkley, who support this agreement. Just ask Democratic Senators Chuck Summer, Ben Cardin and Bob Menendez, who are against this agreement.
Ron Wyden must not be reelected in November 2016.
As Benjamin Franklin stated, “Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”