Mail-in voting is in the news nationally this year, as many states look to expand this voting option in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic. For Clatsop County and the rest of Oregon, voting in the Nov. 3 general election will occur just as it has since the state adopted all-mail-in balloting 20 years ago.
Ballots will go out to all registered voters beginning Oct. 14. The Clatsop County Elections Division must receive completed ballots by 8 p.m. on Election Day – postmarks do not count.
This year the county is making it easier for local voters to cast their ballots with the installation of 24-hour drop boxes at seven locations around the county.
The boxes will be located outside the following sites:
• County Clerk’s Office, 820 Exchange St., Astoria
• Cannon Beach City Hall, 163 E. Gower
• Gearhart City Hall, 698 Pacific Way
• Seaside City Hall, 989 Broadway
• Warrenton City Hall, 225 S. Main (located in back parking lot off S. Main Court)
• Knappa High School, 41535 Old Hwy 30
• Jewell School, 83874 Highway 103
The last day to register to vote in the General Election is Oct. 13.