CANNON BEACH — Cannon Beach’s Garden Flix returns for the second year and runs Thursday nights through Thursday, Aug., 16.
The films are shown at Cannon Beach’s Haystack Gardens, a newly renovated gathering venue located directly across the street from the Surfsand Resort. Doors open at 7 p.m.; movies begin at 8 p.m.
The weekly “Garden Flix” series will take place all summer long. The events will be open to the public, with recommended $1 donations accepted at the door for alternating local organizations each week.
Five films will be featured over the course of the season. Haystack Gardens will serve beer and a picnic-style dinner for purchase from Public Coast Brewing. All beer profits will benefit the local charitable cause of the evening. Seating will not be provided, so bringing blankets and low-back chairs is encouraged.
Haystack Gardens is located at 148 E. Gower Ave.
• July 19: “Free Willy” in support of North Coast Land Conservancy
• July 26: “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl” in support of Tolovana Arts Colony
• Aug. 2: “Jumanji” in support of the Cannon Beach Library
• Aug. 9: “Wonder Woman” in support of the Coaster Theatre
• Aug. 16: “The Goonies” in support of Fire, Life and Safety Friends of Cannon Beach
For more information, call 800-547-6100.