Clatsop County’s greatest transportation needs will be the focus of three community meetings in December.
The meetings will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. at:
• Wednesday, Dec. 3: Lewis and Clark Elementary School, 92179 Lewis and Clark Road
• Thursday, Dec. 4: Bob Chisholm Community Center, 1225 Avenue A, Seaside
• Tuesday, Dec. 9 Knappa High School, 41535 Old Highway 30
Information gathered during the meetings will be used to identify the policies and projects that should become part of the county’s transportation system plan, a joint project of Clatsop County’s public works and land use planning departments.
The plan is designed to provide a long-term guide for county transportation projects by evaluating the current transportation system. The plan will balance the needs of walking, bicycling, driving, transit, freight and other modes.
Topics that will be discussed:
• What participants enjoy about traveling in Clatsop County
• Congested intersections that need improvements
• The safety of driving, biking or walking at locations around the county
• The use and effectiveness of transit service in the county
Local jurisdictions are required by Oregon to develop and adopt transportation system plans to integrate those plans into the statewide transportation system.
To learn more about the transportation system plan, visit the Clatsop County website, www.co.clatsop.or.us