Clatsop County is organizing the distribution of free face masks to the public. Masks will be handed out at no cost at multiple locations around the county on Thursday, June 25.
The KN95 adult face coverings are courtesy of the State of Oregon, which has made them available to county and tribal governments for distribution where most needed in their communities. Clatsop County has coordinated with cities, fire districts and Community Emergency Response Teams (CERTs) to arrange drive-thru handout events between 4-7 p.m. at these locations:
• Elsie-Vinemaple Fire Station, 42644 Loyd Lane, Seaside
• Seaside Fire Station, 150 S. Lincoln, Seaside
• Gearhart Fire Station, 670 Pacific Way, Gearhart
• Warrenton Fire Station, 225 S. Main Ave., Warrenton
• Astoria Aquatic Center, 1997 Marine Drive, Astoria
• Knappa Fire Station, 4314 Hillcrest Loop
• Westport Fire Station, 91177 Westport Ferry Road
Masks will also be distributed from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Cannon Beach City Hall, 163 E. Gower, on Saturday, June 27.
To get a mask or masks, go to one of the listed locations and follow the posted directions:
• When you get to the front of the line, stay in your car
• Hold up fingers to show the number of masks you need
• Roll down your window to receive your bag of masks
The masks will come with an informational handout on the proper use of face coverings.
Clatsop County will also be distributing face coverings to local businesses as well as to local governments, service districts and social service providers. Masks for businesses will be made available through local chambers of commerce; the county Emergency Management Department will make masks available directly to the other entities.