The Cannon Beach Library is offering an opportunity for residents and visitors to write about life on the North Coast. Selected submissions will be read at a “Writers Read” gathering in the library on March 1. Writers welcome from all locales.
The deadline to submit a piece for consideration is Jan. 18, 2019. Submissions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the Cannon Beach Library, PO Box 486, Cannon Beach, OR 97110.
What is your connection to the North Coast? What draws you to stay here? Is there a place, an experience, an emotion or an everyday occurrence that illustrates your feelings about the North Coast?
Anyone can participate in the Writers Read project. A group that includes library volunteers, a bookstore owner and local writer will read the submissions and select six to 10 to be read by their authors at the gathering at 7 p.m. Friday, March 1.
Writers must follow these guidelines:
• Limit submissions to 600 words.
• Please write to the theme, “Life on the North Coast.”
• Do not put your name or contact information on the story. The group will read the pieces without knowing who wrote them. However, please include the writer’s name, email address and phone number in a cover letter.
• Any format, including personal essay, poetry, or story will be considered.
• The deadline for submissions is Jan. 18, Writers whose works are chosen to be read will be notified after the committee considers them. Writers should be available to attend the March 1 gathering.
For more information, contact the Cannon Beach Library, 503-436-1391.